Saturday, October 12, 2013

DO YOU HAVE A MOTHER?

Do you have a mother?
Do you have a mother that you love?
Call her.
Call her a couple of times a week.
Send her a card.
Heck, set up a schedule, have the cards in hand,
and make it simple for you.
Just. do. it.
Love her and let her know that you do.
Bless her with the things she loves.
mom with my niece, Carly, and my sister, Joan

Do you live close to your mom?
Lunch out.
Take her chocolates (please, not generic).
Go spend the afternoon with her and play cards.
Take her out to her favorite restaurant.
Do it all and more.
The time you spend with her will not only bless
her, but it will also bless you.

She's going to die someday.

YOUR. MOM. WILL. DIE.

And, I think that there is nothing more dear
than knowing that when she does, she will be going to heaven.
To have her come to love Jesus if she doesn't already.
I want to leave you with one last thought.
My mom died one year ago today.
I loved her dearly.
I miss her so badly.
Every day.
mom's 80th birthday trip....sitting with the Tank

But, I am at peace knowing that I did all I could all of my adult years,
especially the last year of her life,
so that there was never any doubt that she knew i adored her.
That I loved her.

I have a mother that I love.

4 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

We are sisters in this same club, so every word you said resonates with me.

We will see them again one day. I'll bet they've already become fast friends up there in heaven talking about their crazy daughters!

XO,
Anne

Junebug Furniture and Design said...

Thank you for this gift, so beautifully written. When I hear women complain about their Mothers. I say to them, I wish I could have just one more day with my Mom. God called my Mom to leave this earth & to be with him when I was 18 years old....so many years ago,seems like yesterday.
I am so sorry for your loss, but you have memories together and you gave so much to her, those are what will get you through the hard days. Blessings to you, thank you again!

xo Glad

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Wonderful post! I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet mama! I moved halfway across the country from my mama 10 years ago and I miss her so much!! I talk to her on the phone a couple times a week, and she used to come for visits a few times a year, but as she gets older she can afford to come way less often and I cannot afford to got see her at all. It's awful. But I'm so grateful I still have her. I know this won't always be the case.
Michelle xoxo

Marjolein said...

It's so true...
I do

http://zinnenenminnen.blogpot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails